Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hippity Hoppity Easter's on its way....

That's right, this Friday is Good Friday and Sunday is Easter. Saturday there is a HUGE Easter Egg hunt at the city park. Lil Mr. V will be able to go this year and enjoy it so long as the weather holds up. Speaking of, the weather has be absolutely amazing! Right now, we have our windows open and a great breeze is coming through the house. I wished summer felt like this. I'd have an almost zero electric bill during those months. But this won't last long, and it'll be very hot and stagnant and it'll make me weep. To get ready for Easter, lil man and I are going to be baking and decorating Easter themed sugar cookies. I'll also be decorating some eggs for him to hunt around the house. We're supposed to be going to Mr. V's mom's for Easter dinner tomorrow night as well. So we're going to be doing some of those things. I thought about making some Easter cupcakes. I still might.

Yesterday, Mr. V and his friend G mowed the yard. It took a while, but it IS the first mow of the year. So all the rest should be faster, though not as quick as with a gas powered mower. But it really does look so much better. So that's a purchase I'm happy with. We'll see how I feel in the middle of August when it's hot as blue blazes.

Onto sewing news...I think I know which crib quilt I want to do first. I want to do this for my friend who's having a baby in August. I'll have to find a way to get it backed and batted. But I KNOW she'll love it. Her gramma was a quilter and she has all her old quilts. Anyways, that's all that's going on in the land of Tracy.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a good time on saturday!

    Good to hear you are enjoying your mower. I've been looking into getting one like that too, or at least trying one out. That way I can mow while A. James is playing in the back yard.

    Also, if you are looking for someone to put your quilt together when you are finished you should talk to my mom. That is what she does for a living (you met her at the last meeting, she should be there next meeting too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome. :) I'll do that when I get it all put together. I just have to find out what colours she is doing the baby's room. That way it doesn't clash to horribly bad. Knowing her, probably lots of pink. *L*

    ReplyDelete