Friday, March 19, 2010

So in my attempt to de-clutter my life...

Yesterday was busy going through things and throwing out what needed to be thrown, putting in the donating box things that needed to be donated and trying to get my work space cleared up enough so that I have a space to work in. So far, it's working out, but it's a pretty big job. I had my desk all cleared off, THEN, I started to clear out the drawers so I could put the last little bits in there. And now it's back to being cluttered again. But that's ok. I have just to find the homes for those things and then it's going to be straight. And I'll be able to start working there again. Also in this binge of purging, I decided to take a note from The Frugal Girl and make myself accountable for my food waste. We actually waste more food than I care to admit here. So, we've come up with a solution to make every Thursday, left over night. Eat what we can, and then it's the fridge cleaning night. Everything that needs to go, is gone on Thursday. And since the trash pick-up is on Friday morning, no icky smells to deal with. UNLIKE her, I won't be posting photos. I'm proud to say that the only thing we needed to throw out was around 1/2 cup of leftover chicken noodle soup and 4 stalks of celery. Not bad if I do say so myself. Wednesdays are Laundry day here at our house. And unfortunately, we were also in the transition of going from winter clothes to spring clothes so that has melted over onto Thursday AND Friday. BUT! When it's all over, all the winter stuff will be up, and all the spring stuff will be out and laundry won't overrun us again for another 6 months or so. OH yeah, and this is the time that wee man has decided to outgrow most of his clothes. So we're washing up his newer ones and his old ones to be taken off to the Door of Hope. Yup yup, it's definitely spring over here at the Tracy Household....

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. I recycle and it has cut down so much on our trash load. Trash pick up is every week and I take my trash to the road about every other week (sometimes I can go two weeks).

    I have not even really considered food waste! I try to make small meals, but we usually do end up throwing a lot away :( I'll start paying attention.

    ReplyDelete