Saturday, March 20, 2010

Trying new things and I'm liking it

So, over here in Tracy Land, we don't generally have much of a routine or schedule. It's been pretty hard to since I was in school during the week at odd hours and working all weekend long and with Mr. V working thirds. That makes any kind of routine off and really wonky. And suppertime on Mr. V's days off has been rather non-existent because I was always in class and he never "knows" what I am going to make for supper. So nothing is ever out and it's "welp, lets get pizza/chinese/fast food/etc." So, I downloaded a free e-book from here and the lady who wrote it is a stay-at-home mom and she has a meal for the month plan, rather than just the week. Which I figured it was worth a shot. So I downloaded the book, read through her tutorial and printed the right pages and got started. As of right now I have 2 weeks worked out, breakfasts, lunches AND dinners. And this way Mr. V can look on the day of the week and check and see if that particular something is out, if not he can get it out for me. Isn't that awesome?!? :D I personally, think so. :) It also helps him figure out lunches for Lil Mr. V. Because sometimes I wonder if he is afraid to mess in my kitchen. I hope not. I want him to be just as comfortable doing something in here as I am, but you can never tell with some people, and since we're still fairly new at this living together business (and we really only get to spend any sort of time together a few days a week), we're still figuring out each others quirks. So this leads to me the reason for this blog post. So I went grocery shopping today. Yes I had a list, but once I got to the store I realized just how poorly done my list was. I still forgot some things so I'll have to go to the store again and pick it up before those particular suppers. I went on and got a lot of stuff for next weeks meals too, so I'm ahead. YAY, go me! *L* But I spent $93.88. And for the majority of the next two weeks that isn't bad at all. I LITERALLY have 7 things to buy and my groceries for the next two weeks are purchased. How awesome is that?!?!? I have BBQ Sauce (two bottles), sweet potatoes (5 potatoes for mashing), freezer baggies, can of soup for lunch, fries, 1 can of green beans and 1 can of corn. THAT'S IT! I feel good knowing that I'm saving some money now. :) I can't wait to show Mr. V. He has been a little skeptical about this method working better than just buying as we go along. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment