Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer in review...

I haven't been very faithful here. And I apologize. I haven't forgotten about you. I promise. Life has gotten in the way. We're in the process of changing our schedule and in the change, I've been having zero alone time. I haven't been to a sewing club meeting in around a month. I miss my ladies dearly. Mr. V. has gotten a new job and it's a day shift job rather than the third shift that he normally works. So this has all of us up earlier than normal, but little man still doesn't want to go to bed before 10-11pm, nap or no nap. So I wake up with him and pretty much go to sleep with him. And because Mr. V's new job is a good distance away he doesn't get home in time for me to go to my sewing group. Even if he gets off on time. If he works late, he doesn't get home until the meeting is over. I haven't done as much sewing as I'd have liked this summer. I will blame part of that on not having any time to myself. During this time we found out that Lil Mr. V has an allergy to dust mites. This is causing us to go through our entire house and to get rid of what we don't need donate all that we can. Anything that is a dust collector gets seriously looked at. While we're scrubbing everything down we're also re-arranging the house so that lil man has all his own stuff in his room. So it's taking up a lot of our free time. It SEEMS like it would be easy, but when Lil Mr. V is allergic to dust mites you can't have him around when the dust is getting stirred up. So someone has to constantly be with him, either out of the house, or in another room of the house. Makes me wish I could just split and be in multiple places at one time. We're still recycling cans and plastic bags when we actually get them. We're using cloth bags for groceries and transporting stuff. We're donating old clothes of his, knick knacks that we're doing without and some of his old toys and a few of his plushies. I'm still cooking and trying new recipes all the time. I really need to write a few down here on Wednesdays. And all while this is going on, I've been fighting with colleges about my financial aid and my status as a student. However, that's now completely taken care of. Thank goodness! So my bachelors program has started! And I'm so excited. I've already been to a few observations and being in the classrooms felt almost like going home. :)

However, tonight, this is it. I really should be spending these few moments alone doing my history homework and quizzes, however, my eyes are too droopy. I'm going to drink some water, enjoy the cool night air and get some sleep. Tomorrow will start bright and early!

No comments:

Post a Comment