Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's that time of year again! Time to sit back and reflect on your life and be grateful that you have a life to look back on. So, since this is the day set aside for such tasks, what am I grateful for today?

*I'm GRATEFUL for my FAMILY. They are loving and supportive and wonderful. We spat and we get cranky with one another, however, I wouldn't rather be in any other family. I see so many of my friends and loved ones that have such distant relationships with their family that though they care about each other, there's no genuine fondness. Or they have treated each other so poorly and so callously that there are walls placed so they can't get close.

* I'm GRATEFUL for my HOME. I don't own it, and it by far isn't large enough or even as nice as I'd like it to be, but it provides us with warmth in winter, air conditioning in summer and we are able to stay dry. But most of all, we can afford to live here with only one income.

*I'm GRATEFUL for Mr. V. He's an amazing man who's been through some really rough times, but his heart is good and he's gentle. He's an amazing father and he is a hard worker. He has similar values as I do so rearing our son is an easy task with him, because we don't have disagreements with how we're going to handle him.

*I'm GRATEFUL for Lil Mr. V. Though at this very moment, he's just awakened and he's fussy, he is the light of my life. Ok, now that I have him up and taken care of. :) He really is one of the best things that ever happened to me.

*I'm GRATEFUL for my FRIENDS. These people are my chosen family. I would consider my Thanksgiving/Christmas table complete with these people sitting at it. I hope that all through the year that I'm able to show it to each of them.

*I'm GRATEFUL for Mr. V's JOB. He has one. And though it really stinks in more ways than one, it is enough to provide us our home and groceries and other necessities. It's also enough so that I don't have to work and I can concentrate on school and taking care of our son.

*I'm GRATEFUL for SCHOOL. Education is so critical anymore and I've been able to attend school for such a long time. I'm glad that I can dedicate the time to go back. It's not perfect, but it will pay off in the end and that's what is important. That's why this is called an investment.

*I'm GRATEFUL that I live where I live. Even though I might complain that there isn't much to do or that we lack some things. Which is all true. However, it is safe. I don't have to worry about someone shooting my son accidentally because he's outside playing and there is a gang nearby. I don't have to worry about needing to keep him strapped to me because someone might steal him. We have trees and grass and there are farms nearby so he can learn about animals and plants without learning about them only from a book.


There's so much more that I'm thankful for. However, it is time for me to get back to my pie/bread baking. That's my contribution to our family Thanksgiving at my sister-in-law's house. Oh that reminds me....I'm GRATEFUL for her because we can split such responsibilities and she's such a great woman. She works hard and she loves my brother to pieces. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment